I WAS LOOKING FOR SALVATION IN A GLASS (BUT I COULDN’T FIND IT)



This miniature work, made in 1997, was exhibited in the Architects’ Club on the occasion of Earth Day. Actually, the exhibition, which was conceived by Tihomir Milovac, the custodian of the Contemporary Gallery, was dedicated to the miniatures and the entire exhibition could fit in a little suitcase. The idea of this work was to describe the horror of alcohol, with which I have had more or less problems since high school. I made a realistic copy of my hand and put it, as a cry for help, into a small glass filled with brandy. John Barleycorn (as Jack London calls it in his masterpiece King Alcohol) gets you high, but it also creates some serious problems. Alcohol, oh alcohol, I love you in my brains. Alcohol, oh alcohol, I never want you again, as British punk band G.B.H puts it.